MISHICOT, Wis. (WFRV) – A 14-year-old is being held in a juvenile detention center after allegedly shooting and injuring a 22-year-old Sheboygan man.
The Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office says deputies responded to the area of Ridge Road and West Church Street in Mishicot shortly before 4:30 p.m. on Nov. 23 for a suspicious unoccupied vehicle.
Upon arrival, deputies observed evidence indicating shots were fired into the vehicle.
While conducting the initial investigation, a 22-year-old Sheboygan man arrived at Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center with a gunshot wound.
Investigators from the Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office and Mishicot Police officers determined the shooting occurred within the Village of Mishicot. Upon further investigation, authorities determined a teenager from Mishicot was involved.
On Wednesday, investigators and officers arrested a 14-year-old boy that is now being held at the Sheboygan County Juvenile Detention Center pending his initial appearance for weapons violations.
The Manitowoc County Sheriff’s Office says this is an isolated incident and the public is not in danger.
Anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact Detective Brandon Radke at 920-683-4217. You can remain anonymous by contacting Crime Stoppers at 920-683-4466 or by utilizing the Crime Stoppers P3 app.
No further information is available at this time as the investigation is ongoing.
- Schneider donates over $2 million in grants during 2020
- New programs, exhibitions on display at the Art Garage explore themes of family and community
- Illinois Tollway permanently eliminates cash payments
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: ‘Bell, Book and Candle’ set as audio reading in Door County
- You may have to wear a mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines