FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WFRV) – Nine students completed Moraine Park Technical College’s 2020 Manufacturing Skills Academy program.
A total of nine students finished the program, four from Computer Numerical Control (CNC) and five from Welding.
Moraine Park Technical College held its fall 2020 Manufacturing Skills Academy completion ceremony on Dec. 23.
According to a release, the program was designed to combat the skilled worker shortage by offering a variety of boot camp sessions. The boot camp sessions are free to participants, teach skills that are unique to a particular pathway, and connect students with area employers.
The program also combines a 144-hour paid internship with coursework, including Occupational Math, Print Reading, Team Building, Problem Solving, and program-specific courses.
The students who completed the CNC boot camp are:
- Loni Gromacki of Germantown
- April Novak of Fond du Lac
- Ethan Strebe of Fond du Lac
- Brian Wilson of Fond du Lac
The students who completed the Welding boot camp are:
- Nathaniel Horner of Beaver Dam
- Timothy Lowe of Fond du Lac
- Robin Robertson of Colgate
- Steven Stathas of Jackson
- Xavier Thomas of Fond du Lac
Moraine Park has had over 400 participants in the Welding and CNC boot camp programs since its induction in 2012.
The graduation speakers were Timothy Lowe and Ethan Strebe.
According to a release, Moraine Park’s Skills Academy boot camps are free to participating students, thanks to financial support from community resource partners and the Workforce and Training (WAT) grants.
Registrations for the spring 2021 boot camp program are now being accepted. For more information, visit their website.
- Max Wagner and sister Jada living their dream, giving back to Green Bay
- NewsNation reporter arrested at Ohio governor’s news conference
- More than just a win: Green Bay Interim Head Coach Freddie Owens makes history
- Messy system enters late tonight
- University of Wisconsin-Green Bay student arrested after officers find drugs, ‘ghost gun’