(WFRV)- So many were and continue to be hit hard by the coronavirus pandemic, but those who were hit the hardest? The tourism industry.
In an effort to help those in that industry, and to continue Wisconsin’s economic recovery, Governor Tony Evers is awarding more than $14 million in grants.
Throughout the Northeast region of Wisconsin, movie theaters, summer camps, and Minor League Sports Teams will be the recipients of that funding. There are three different grant programs that will distribute the money; the Movie Theater Assistance Grant Program, the Minor League Sports Team Grant Program, and the Summer Camp Assistance Grant Program.
Listed below are the programs or businesses in the Northeast region of the state that will be receiving funding from these programs, the location of these places, and how much they will receive.
The Movie Theater Assistance Grant Program will be distributing more than $10 million in grants which breaks down to about $15,000 per screen for 49 different theater companies, Officials explain. This is the second program aimed at helping movie theaters in the state from the pandemic.
- Sturgeon Bay Cinema Inc
- Door & Shawano $165,000.00
- Odyssey Entertainment, Inc.
- Fond du Lac $120,000.00
- Radue Cinemas Inc
- Brown, Manitowoc, Calumet $60,000.00
- Field of Scenes LLC
- Outagamie $17,763.00
- American MultiCinema Inc.
- Manitowoc, $1,095,000.00
- Rogers Cinema Inc. Marshfield
- Portage Waupaca $435,000.00
- Family Entertainment, LLC
- Outagamie $210,000.00
- Marcus Cinemas of Wisconsin, LLC
- Sheboygan, Winnebago, Brown $4,125,000.00
- Dawn M Anderson
- Marquette $15,000.00
- James J Billek
- Waupaca $90,000.00
- Skyway Drive-In Theatre, L.L.C.
- Door $15,000.00
The Minor League Sports Grant Program is providing around $2.8 million in grants to 17 minor league teams, which is coming from federal pandemic-relief funding.
- Third Base Ventures LLC
- Wisconsin Timber Rattlers
- Outagamie $200,000.00
- Fond du Lac Baseball Club LLC
- Fond du Lac Dock Spiders
- Fond du Lac $200,000.00
- Green Bay Glory
- Brown $6,724.00
And for a first in the state of Wisconsin, the Summer Camp Assistance Grant Program will provide around $1.8 million in grants. Each camp is receiving $50,000 in grant money from this program.
- Camp Evergreen Corporation
- Sheboygan $50,000
- Friends of Camp Anokijig Inc
- Sheboygan $50,000
- Bay-Lakes Council, Boy Scouts of America
- 22 Counties on the eastern side of the state $50,000
- Crossways Lutheran Camping Ministries, Inc.
- Outagamie, Waushara, Shawano, $50,000
- Manitou Council Inc
- Sheboygan Calumet Fond du Lac Manitowoc Sheboygan $50,000
- Camp Young Judaea Midwest, Inc
- Waupaca $50,000