THURSDAY 9/17/2020 10:58 a.m.
NEENAH, Wis. (WFRV) – A Neenah High School student is dead after being struck by a vehicle Thursday morning.
Neenah Police Chief Aaron Olson says dispatch received a call regarding the incident around 8 a.m. in the area of W. Winneconne Avenue and Tullar Road.
Chief Olson says the unidentified high schooler was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the vehicle is cooperating with the investigation, according to Neenah Police.
The Neenah Joint School District has released a statement, saying:
The entire Neenah Joint School District is shocked and saddened by the tragic death of one of our high school students today. We offer our deepest condolences to his family and friends. Our counselors and staff are here to support those affected by this tragedy. We are grieving alongside our entire community following this devastating news.
Because this is an active investigation, Chief Olson says few details are available at this time.
Original Story: Neenah Police: Avoid west side intersection
THURSDAY 9/17/2020 9:32 a.m.
NEENAH, Wis. (WFRV) – Neenah Police are asking the community to avoid an intersection on the city’s west side.
Authorities say they are “working on a traffic accident” in the area of W. Winneconne Avenue and Tullar Road.
Tullar Road is closed in the area.
Few details are available at this time. WFRV Local 5 is working to gather more information.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Week ahead: Performances arriving or no longer in calendar, part 33
- Woman asked to remove political mask in Neenah restaurant
- Green Bay Nation: Packers bounce back, prepare for a desperate Vikings team
- Oshkosh Fire Chief Stanley honored as a hero for work in the community
- Region 3 one day from potential indoor dining shutdown