On September 24th, the Fox Crossing Village Board approved an amendment for an ordinance regarding the discharge of firearms.
This amendment would permit the discharge of shotguns in portions of Little Lake Buttes Des Morts, excluding the areas identified below. The ordinance is in compliance with the DNR hunting regulations for migratory bird hunting around Stroebe Island.
Firearm discharge will not be allowed in the following situations:
- Within 100 yards of any building devoted to human occupancy situated on and attached to the lands of another without permission of the owner or occupant of the building.
- Within 50 feet of a constructed street.
- Within 150 years in either director of the Roland Kampo Bridge.
- Within 150 years in either direction of the Stroebe Island Causeway.
- Within 100 yards from any railroad right-of-way.
- Within the narrowed mouth of the Fox River from the most northern tip of Stroebe Island on the west shoreline across to Annex Lane on the east shoreline. (See map above for illustration)
This ordinance went into effect on September 28th.