GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

No one hurt after small basement fire

Local News

ALLOUEZ, Wis. (WFRV) — No one was injured after the Green Bay Metro Fire Department was dispatched to a basement fire Wednesday night.

Crews say they responded to to the report of a small fire in the basement . of the residence located at 1906 S. Webster Ave. in Allouez around 5:39 p.m.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in the basement area. The cause of the fire was candles left burning on a table in the basement.

No one was injured from the fire, but there was an estimated amount of damage around $5000.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department is reminding residents to never leave candles or any open flame device unattended and to assure they always have working smoke detectors.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

More Don't Miss

Trending Stories