GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

No one hurt after small basement fire

Local News

ALLOUEZ, Wis. (WFRV) — No one was injured after the Green Bay Metro Fire Department was dispatched to a basement fire Wednesday night.

Crews say they responded to to the report of a small fire in the basement . of the residence located at 1906 S. Webster Ave. in Allouez around 5:39 p.m.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in the basement area. The cause of the fire was candles left burning on a table in the basement.

No one was injured from the fire, but there was an estimated amount of damage around $5000.

The Green Bay Metro Fire Department is reminding residents to never leave candles or any open flame device unattended and to assure they always have working smoke detectors.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

"The Driveway" basketball training facility pushes through pandemic

Thumbnail for the video titled ""The Driveway" basketball training facility pushes through pandemic"

Timber Rattlers Erickson talks shortened spring, hopes for a season

Thumbnail for the video titled "Timber Rattlers Erickson talks shortened spring, hopes for a season"

WIR's "Test and Tune" fills drag strip

Thumbnail for the video titled "WIR's "Test and Tune" fills drag strip"

Former UW-Green Bay standout begins coaching career at St. Norbert

Thumbnail for the video titled "Former UW-Green Bay standout begins coaching career at St. Norbert"

Bay Port junior reacts to extended recruiting lockdown

Thumbnail for the video titled "Bay Port junior reacts to extended recruiting lockdown"

Herd's Buford talks extension, historic first season

Thumbnail for the video titled "Herd's Buford talks extension, historic first season"