The Green Bay Metro Fire Department responded this evening around 8:30 pm for a propane leak at FerrellGas off of Velp Avenue.
Additional departments were called in to contain and assess the situation. The leak was stopped and crews monitored the area for any levels of propane that would endanger anyone, and the readings came back clean.
One person was taken to the hospital and there is no danger to the public.
Residents on the city’s west side from Military Avenue to Gray Street near Velp Avenue may smell propane, but the fire department has the situation under control.