GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The Olde Preble Neighborhood in Green Bay remembered our fallen heroes on Memorial Day with a parade.
While this year’s ceremony looked a little different, event organizers say they wanted to do something for those who fought and died for our country. They also wanted to do something for those in the community who have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic.
“It feels like a lot of life has been changed over the last couple months and this is a way of celebrating and bringing joy in the midst of all this abnormality,” Ryan Groschek, President of the Olde Preble Neighborhood Association told WFRV Local 5.
Green Bay Mayor Eric Genrich was also part of the parade.
- Green Bay’s troubled tourism industry takes another blow
- 1919 Kitchen and Tap, The Turn, 46 Below reopening in Green Bay
- WPS to close downtown Green Bay campus as employees work remotely, move to different location
- Green Bay to host GOP state convention after Women for Trump bus tour stops in De Pere
- Sen. Baldwin participates in ‘Build Back Better’ roundtable
- Authorities searching for suspect in Ashwaubenon, Howard Dairy Queen burglaries