TUESDAY 3/3/2020 4:39 p.m.
SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (WFRV) – The Sheboygan Police Department has released the name of the man who was found dead from a house fire in Sheboygan on Monday night.
The man has been identified as 44-year-old Russell L. Doxtator III of Sheboygan.
Officials say the cause of the fire still remains under investigation.
Original Story: One dead following Sheboygan house fire
TUESDAY 3/3/2020 6:17 a.m.
SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (WFRV) – One person is dead after a house fire in Sheboygan on Monday night, according to the Sheboygan Fire Department.
Crews were dispatched to the 400 block of Michigan Avenue shortly before 10 p.m. for a residential building fire.
Upon arrival, firefighters found heavy fire coming from the second floor of the building. Crews entered the building to extinguish the fire and found one person inside. That victim was treated on scene before being transported to a hospital where they later died.
Photos courtesy Sheboygan Fire
Sheboygan Fire says two people are without a home because of this fire, which caused an estimated $70,000 in damages.
One firefighter was treated on scene for injuries. Sheboygan Fire was assisted by the Town of Sheboygan, the City of Sheboygan Falls, Kohler, and Cedar Grove.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Mayor Hanna endorses Jake Woodford for next mayor of Appleton
- Wisconsin Coronavirus: Waupaca Co. confirms first COVID-19 death
- Appleton Police Department asks for help in identifying man in photo
- Wisconsin Coronavirus: Festival Foods donates $200,000 to United Way organizations in Wisconsin
- Green Bay man involved in fatal crash in Village of Suamico