ONEIDA NATION (WFRV) – Proper housing for veterans was front and center on Friday as part of a check presentation on the Oneida Nation.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development administrator joined the Oneida Tribe to present them with a $181,000 check that will help veterans who need a home, get a home – an issue especially pressing during the pandemic.
“Especially in this time of COVID, when you experience homelessness, you just want to make sure that they are taken care of and they will be taken care of,” says Joseph Galvan, Midwest Administrator for HUD.
The Oneida Nation is the only tribe in Wisconsin to receive funding of this kind.
- Justice for Daunte Wright Rally draws small crowd in Appleton
- Green Bay Blizzard prepares for 2021 season with training camp
- Fox Cities P.A.C. announces new shows, series for upcoming season
- Allergy season is getting longer and more intense
- Pentagon researchers develop under-the-skin sensor that detects COVID infection