GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – While the Green Bay Gamblers battled the Dubuque Fighting Saints on Saturday, there was another fight going on between periods.
Thirty-two weiner dogs hit the ice for the annual Weiner Dog Race at the Resch Center presented by the Gamblers along with Fox Communities Credit Union.
The winner – Willow – received the prestigious Resch-Minster Oaks Trophy.
Fans were asked to bring pet food and supplies to the game which will be donated to the Happily Ever After Animal Sanctuary.
Organizers tell Local 5 this game is a hit every year.
“We never knew when we started it how many years ago – 6 or 7 years ago – that it would be almost a sold-out crowd. I’m just glad everybody comes out and cheers on and just has good, family fun at this. I mean, where else can you go and have that kind of a good time?” says Lynn Hopfensperger from Fox Communities Credit Union.
Fans who donated were eligible to win a $100 gift certificate in the Gamblers team store and a $50 Visa gift card from Fox Communities Credit Union.
- Despite pandemic, Big Brothers Big Sisters provides “consistent support” to NE Wisconsin’s littles
- Manitowoc: Orion Energy Systems employees making masks to help community during coronavirus pandemic
- Wisconsin’s confusing and controversial spring election
- All Meijer store locations set to close early on Easter Sunday
- Better Business Bureaus warns small business owners about SBA Scam circling Wisconsin