The Green Bay Packers are going on tour- and no, they haven’t traded in their cleats for instruments.
Today marks the start of the 14th annual “Green Bay Packers Tailgate Tour,” which will travel throughout central, western, and northern Wisconsin to visit fans and thank them for their support.
Packers President/ CEO Mark Murphy as well as a few Packers alumni, including Ryan Grant, Earl Dotson, and Nick Barnett will be part of this year’s line-up. They’ll be traveling in a customized, Packers motor coach that will be making stops in Marshfield, Sparta, New Richmond, Chippewa Falls and Antigo- with tailgate parties held in each city, supporting one local area nonprofit. There will also be a few surprises along the way.
Each tailgate party will be hosted by a nonprofit and it will feature food, giveaways, Q&A sessions, and autographs. The experience alone brings back some memories for some notable Packers alum.
“Until you come to Lambeau and experience the fan base like we have, you don’t know football,” said Earl Dotson, Former Green Bay Offensive Tackle. “It’s a bucket list thing here and I think everyone should be able to experience this at this place.”
They might be rockstars in some fans’ eyes but the Pack are sticking to what they know and do best. But hey, why can’t they look the part while doing so?
The tailgate tour hit the road at about 8:30 this morning. You can find a full schedule of the tour down below.
- Marshfield: April 9 at Marshfield Country Club. To benefit PDC Orenda Center. Tickets on sale at Personal Development Center, 505 East Depot St., Marshfield; Marshfield Country Club, 11426 Wren Rd., Marshfield; Limitless Bootcamp, 3110 48th St. North, Wisconsin Rapids.
- Sparta: April 10 at Sparta Meadowview Middle School. To benefit Boys & Girls Club of Sparta. Tickets on sale at the Boys & Girls Club of Sparta and over the phone by calling the Boys & Girls Club at 608-269-2582. Tickets also available at Fast Eddies, 9860 WI-21, Sparta; Westside Wine & Spirits, 7607 WI-16, Sparta; Hanson’s IGA, 834 W. Wisconsin St., Sparta.
- New Richmond: April 11 at East Metro Jet Center. To benefit Grace Place Shelter. Tickets on sale online at https://www.newrichmondchamber.com/.
- Chippewa Falls: April 12 at Leinie Lodge. To benefit Chippewa River Industries. Tickets on sale at Chippewa Falls area Kwik Trip locations including at 2997 Commercial Blvd., 503 E. Grand Ave., and 1010 Woodward Ave.
- Antigo: April 13 at Langlade County Fairground. To benefit Habitat for Humanity of Langlade County. Tickets are on sale online right here.