GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The Green Bay Police Department is investigating a Memorial Day morning crash on the Main Street Bridge that resulted in a passenger being thrown from the vehicle.
According to officers, a 17-year-old girl was driving a vehicle that crashed into a guardrail at about 5:30 a.m. The passenger of the vehicle was thrown from the vehicle into the Fox River.
A fishing boat in the area at the time of the crash rescued the passenger, who was later transported to a hospital for treatment.
The 17-year-old driver, who was not hurt, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Authorities searching for suspect in Ashwaubenon, Howard Dairy Queen burglaries
- Little Chute’s Doyle Pool closes until further notice
- Wood Co. cheese company owner sentenced for theft of more than $20K from 83 farmers
- Michigan governor requires masks to be worn in all indoor public spaces
- De Pere girl discusses experience with juvenile arthritis
- Wisconsin high court gives mixed ruling on partial vetoes