GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The Green Bay Police Department is investigating a Memorial Day morning crash on the Main Street Bridge that resulted in a passenger being thrown from the vehicle.
According to officers, a 17-year-old girl was driving a vehicle that crashed into a guardrail at about 5:30 a.m. The passenger of the vehicle was thrown from the vehicle into the Fox River.
A fishing boat in the area at the time of the crash rescued the passenger, who was later transported to a hospital for treatment.
The 17-year-old driver, who was not hurt, was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Appleton P.D. investigates fatal single-vehicle crash
- Wisconsin DHS reports 3,831 new positive COVID-19 cases and 22 new virus-related deaths
- Denmark High School hosts 46th annual Denmark Lions Poinsettia Sale
- On Small Business Saturday owners rally “we’re all in this together”
- Green Bay artist sells 300 paintings to help kids in need during holidays
- Green Bay officer injured during early morning crash