THURSDAY 6/25/2020 2:35 p.m.
APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – Appleton Police say individuals that allegedly put soap in a downtown fountain have been identified.
Police took to Facebook in an effort to identify a group of individuals seen putting what appears to be dish soap in the fountain.
Police looking to identify individuals who allegedly put soap in Appleton fountain
THURSDAY 6/25/2020 2:34 p.m.
APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) – Appleton Police are asking for the community’s help in identifying individuals that “created a very unsafe environment” in the city’s downtown area.
In a Facebook post by Appleton Police, authorities say the incident happened on Saturday, June 20, at around 7 p.m. in Houdini Plaza.
“The pumps that operate the fountain are very expensive to replace and would cause an unnecessary burden to the taxpayers of Appleton if an incident occurred again,” Appleton Police said.”
In photos provided by Appleton Police, seen below, it appears that the individuals are putting soap into the fountain.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Appleton Police at 920-832-5500. Authorities say you can also message their Facebook page. They ask that you reference Case# A20019561
If you have information but would prefer not to call, please consider visiting our website to report a tip or email us at APDTips@appleton.org.
- Papermakers fall in Division One state championship game to Wauwatosa East
- Temperatures continue to climb for next week
- Packers host ‘Help for the Homeless Hygiene Drive’
- Xavier’s upset bid falls short in Division 2 semifinals against Onalaska
- Discipline and preparation carries Kimberly boys basketball into state championship game