GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – A long-term, single lane closure of I-43 in Brown County will begin on Wednesday, July 22.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation says the single lane closure on northbound and southbound I-43 between Danz Avenue and Webster Avenue will begin at 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
Southbound I-43 to northbound WIS 54/57 ramp and the northbound I-43 to southbound WIS 54/57 ramp will be closed for 35-days beginning on Monday, July 27.
The closure is part of the maintence project taking place on a 10.2 mile stretch between WIS 172 and Atkinson Drive in Brown County, according to WisDOT. Drivers should expect significant traffic impacts and back-ups during peak hours.
WisDOT is encouraging drivers to use WIS 172 and I-41 as an alternate route.
- Local Veteran surprised with gift of car
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden
- Watch Live: Trump, Biden face off in final presidential debate
- FDA approves Gilead’s antiviral drug remdesivir to treat COVID-19
- Heavy rain continues tonight, another system for the weekend