Residents safe after house caught fire

Local News
HOUSEFIRE_1555803167694.JPG

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (WFRV) – Residents are safe after a house caught on fire.

On Saturday, April 20 at 2:25 p.m. Fond du Lac Fire Rescue responded to a report of a house fire at 301 Star St. in Fond du Lac.

Arriving firefighters were met by a resident who said a second-floor bedroom was on fire.  Firefighters were able to quickly find the room on fire.

Fire crews forced in a locked door and found heavy fire contained in the bedroom.  The fire was extinguished, but not before causing significant fire and smoke damage.

Crews stayed on scene to search for other signs of the fire and provide salvage and overhaul operations. 

Alliant Energy was called to the scene to secure gas and electrical services. 

There were no reported injuries.  The Red Cross was also called to assist the residents with overnight housing until the home is considered safe.  

Courtesy: Fond du Lac Fire Rescue

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.