DE PERE, Wis. (WFRV) – Foxview Intermediate School was one of nine Wisconsin schools to be named a 2021 National Blue Ribbon School.
U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona announced the recognition of 325 schools. The recognition is based on a school’s overall academic performance or progress in closing achievement gaps among student subgroups.
“This year’s cohort of honorees demonstrates what is possible when committed educators and school leaders create vibrant, welcoming, and affirming school cultures where rich teaching and learning can flourish,” said Secretary Cardona.
The complete list of the Wisconsin schools that were named are:
- Coloma Elementary School, Westfield School District
- Foxview Intermediate School, De Pere School District
- Drummond Elementary School, Drummond Area School District
- Robinwood Elementary School, Franklin Publich School District
- Hatley Elementary School, D C Everest Area School District
- River Crest Elementary School, Hudson School District
- Marquette University High School, Archdiocese of Milwaukee
- Westview Elementary School, Plateville School District
- Jefferson Lighthouse Elementary School, Racine Unified School District
Up to 420 schools reportedly may be nominated each year. The National Blue Ribbon Schools Program has given around 10,000 awards to over 9,000 schools.