APPLETON, Wis. (WFRV) After voting and approving Ed Ruffolo for the new position of Vice President of the Appleton School Board, he has now withdrawn his name from the list and will no longer serve with the board.
The school board held a meeting Monday night and it was announced they will now be searching for a new vice president.
Local 5 spoke to Ruffolo and he says that after he was selected by the board, he received a threatening anonymous letter and came under fire from people who shared videos and screen captures of several suggestive Facebook pages he followed.
He went on to say that the “scorched earth politicking was just something he didn’t want to deal with.”
In December 2020, former vice president Leah Olson resigned, citing the need to spend time with her family.
It’s unknown the next path the Appleton School Board will take in selecting a new vice president.
- Keep your iPhone 12 six inches away from certain medical devices, Apple says
- Biden orders end of federally run private prisons
- Wisconsin has highest COVID-19 related deaths in ten days, adds 1,301 new positive cases
- Down payment tax credit: Biden housing plans include help for first-time buyers
- AP sources: Biden to pause oil and gas sales on public lands