MADISON, Wis. (WFRV) – A second child in Wisconsin has died from influenza, according to the Department of Health Services.
“This is a tragedy,” said DHS Influenza Surveillance Coordinator Tom Haupt. “Any influenza death is a tragedy, especially a child, and we want to offer our sympathies to the family and relatives of this particular child.”
Officials say there have now been 31 flu deaths in the state.
DHS are encouraging the public to receive a flu shot to combat the illness.
For more, visit the DHS website.
- Girls Scout Cookie Season
- Bellin Hospital makes World’s Best Hospitals 2021 list
- Structure fire in Green Bay apartment complex, 4 rescued from third floor
- Winnebago County Sheriffs Office holds training to fight internet crimes against children
- Green Bay police search for suspect in armed robbery incident on city’s eastside