SEYMOUR, Wis. (WFRV) – A body has been recovered from Lake Park after Seymour Police say they received a report of a person that went underwater and did not resurface.
Police say they were first notified about the incident on Saturday at around 2:42 p.m.
Upon arrival, crews entered to water to attempt to locate the person but were unsuccessful.
Additional resources were requested for search and recovery efforts. Seymour Police say a body was recovered from the water and the investigation is on-going.
The name of the victim is not being released at this time.
Seymour Police are reminding the public that Lake Park is posted as swim at your own risk.
- Where Wisconsin ranks in US COVID-19 pandemic
- Here’s what is coming to Netflix – and what’s leaving – in December
- UPDATE: Crash blocking all lanes of I-41 northbound near Fond du Lac cleared
- Second stimulus checks: Here’s how Biden might try to boost the economy
- ‘Our hearts are heavy’: Lawrence firefighters say after woman collides with fire truck, dies