WEDNESDAY 11/10/2021 3:10 p.m.

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The swift response of the Green Bay Police Department led to a standoff and eventual arrest of a shooting suspect on Green Bay’s east side – a resolution found within five hours.

According to a release, witnesses told police a man was shooting at a car in an alleyway around 2:18 p.m. near the 1200 block of University Ave. Officers say they were told a car then sped away and the man had gotten into a different vehicle and left the area.

Police first at the scene say they found evidence of a shooting right away and requested additional officers to the location and, during a canvass of the area, officers say they located one of the vehicles nearby.

Detectives say they found a video camera that showed the shooting suspect entering a building on Harvey St. and noticed he may have still been on the property. A perimeter was then set up around the apartment and police say an armored personal carrier was called.

Eventually, officers say the suspect left the building voluntarily and was taken into custody.

During a search of the residence, police say they found a gun they believe was the one originally reported and a large amount of marijuana. The release states charges were referred to the Brown County District Attorney’s Office.

Officers say 22 Green Bay Police responded to the call and it took five hours in total until the incident was resolved.

Detectives say they are continuing to investigate the situation and have identified other subjects that they say need to be interviewed. They explain there is no known threat to the public.

If anyone has information, you are asked to contact the Green Bay Police Department at 448-3200 in reference to 21-264040. You can also provide an anonymous tip through Green Bay Area Crime Stoppers at (920) 432-7867 or

Original Story: Shooting incident leads to one arrested on Green Bay’s east side

TUESDAY 11/09/2021 6:50 p.m.

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV)- Green Bay Police, along with SWAT units, responded to calls of gunshots at St. George Street and University Avenue on Tuesday, November 9.

Law enforcement was on the scene around 2:30 p.m. which would eventually lead to a stand-off between authorities and a suspect.

The stand-off was placed near St. George Street and Harvey Street, according to Officials, which then led to one person being arrested, believed to be related to the shooting incident. Police would not release a name nor charges at this time.

GBPD told Local Five that they are currently searching local hospitals and medical centers for any individuals who came in with gunshot wounds, who could potentially be involved.

Photos were taken on scene by Local Five’s Eric Richards

Authorities wanted to let the community know that they believe the public is now safe following this situation on the east side.

No other information has been released at this time. Authorities said they would release more information at a later time. Local Five will update this story when new details emerge.