Sprinkler System Prevents Further Damage in Day Care Stove Fire

Local News
Fire truck-159532.jpg56976424

A single sprinkler head was able to extinguish fire from a stove top at an Appleton child care facility on Monday.

At around 11:45 a.m., the Appleton Fire Department was sent to Appleton KinderCare on S. Oneida Street for a report of a fire in the kitchen. All staff and 65 children at the day care were able to safely evacuate the facility. When crews arrived, they had found that a sprinkler head was abe to completely extinguish the fire, which had only damaged some nearby cardboard boxes.

Officials say the fire started when a worker had placed empty boxes on top of the stove adn a burner may have been inadvertently turned on. According to the Appleton Fire Department, this is the second incident in the past two months in which a sprinkler extinguished a fire in an Appleton building.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Seymour's Jon Murphy retires after 33 seasons

Fond du Lac blanks Booyah, 9-0

FVA to have conference only slate for fall sports

Midwest Conference and NACC postpone sports until 2021

WIAC cancels fall sports championships due to pandemic

Preble grad Wagner making up for lost time with Booyah