STURGEON BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The Door County Maritime Museum held a topping off ceremony celebrating a significant milestone in an expansion project.
It’s all part of the Maritime Lighthouse Tower Museum that is currently under construction. The lighthouse is ten stories and will act as a museum as you walk up to the top.
Those with the museum signed the beam before it was put in place.
“There’s something really unique here, now and forever, on the waterfront in downtown Sturgeon Bay that people are going to hear about, people are going to want to come see,” Kevin Osgood, Executive Director of the museum told WFRV Local 5.
The expansion project is set to be complete in December and is expected to open to the public in May 2021.
- Vaccine appointments canceled amid confusion over supply
- Educators, other essential workers could be eligible for COVID-19 vaccine in March
- Rittenhouse, mother fixated on social media treatment
- Wisconsin hunters harvest more turkeys in 2020, see 21% increase
- UPDATE: Accident on I-41 in Fond du Lac cleared, lanes open