TOWNSHIP OF KOSSUTH, Wis. (WFRV) One person is dead and another person received minor injuries after a crash in Manitowoc County.
The incident happened December 30 around 6:28 p.m. on Polifka Road, west of Popelar Road in the township of Kossuth.
A preliminary investigation shows 57-year-old Richard Dufek from rural Whitelaw was operating a Ford 1110 utility tractor westbound on Polifka Road. He was hit from behind by a 2007 Toyota Camry, which was being driven by 60-year-old Julie Zipperer, also from rural Whitelaw.
Dufek was ejected from the tractor and pronounced dead at the scene. Mrs. Zipperer sustained minor injuries.
The Manitowoc County Coroner’s Office has indicated the preliminary cause of death is from blunt force trauma.
The crash remains under investigation.
- Wisconsin sees increase in invasive pest Spongy Moth for a third consecutive year
- Blustery conditions to start the weekend
- Brewers promote Marti Wronski, say MLB’s only female COO
- After repeated warnings of law violations, Wisconsin business owner gets prison time for defying IRS
- The Community Foundation matching up to $51K in donations to Salvation Army on Fri.