TOWNSHIP OF KOSSUTH, Wis. (WFRV) One person is dead and another person received minor injuries after a crash in Manitowoc County.
The incident happened December 30 around 6:28 p.m. on Polifka Road, west of Popelar Road in the township of Kossuth.
A preliminary investigation shows 57-year-old Richard Dufek from rural Whitelaw was operating a Ford 1110 utility tractor westbound on Polifka Road. He was hit from behind by a 2007 Toyota Camry, which was being driven by 60-year-old Julie Zipperer, also from rural Whitelaw.
Dufek was ejected from the tractor and pronounced dead at the scene. Mrs. Zipperer sustained minor injuries.
The Manitowoc County Coroner’s Office has indicated the preliminary cause of death is from blunt force trauma.
The crash remains under investigation.
- High School Sports Xtra: State Boys Basketball Recap
- Joe Barry and Maurice Drayton excited to help Packers take the next step
- Report: Popular flea & tick collar tied to 1,700 pet deaths, EPA received more than 75,000 complaints
- Harry, Meghan to delve into tough royal split with Oprah Sunday night
- Oconto Co. makes COVID-19 appointments available starting Monday