MARQUETTE, Wis. (WFRV) – Two Marquette men have been taken into custody in connection with an investigation that came upon a methamphetamine lab earlier this week.
The Green Lake County Sheriff’s Office says information gathered by law enforcement led to members of the Central Wisconsin Drug Task Force and Wisconsin Division of Criminal Investigation making contact at a home in the 400 block of E. Second Street in the Village of Marquette on Tuesday morning.
Authorities say they discovered numerous items consistent with the production of methamphetamine including chemicals, supplies, and other paraphernalia.
A 53-year-old man and a 26-year-old man were taken into custody.
Clean-up of the methamphetamine lab took several hours, according to authorities. The names of the suspects will be released when formal charges have been submitted.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: ‘Bell, Book and Candle’ set as audio reading in Door County
- You may have to wear a mask longer than anticipated even with COVID-19 vaccines
- ‘Significant traffic impacts’ Brown County I-43 construction resumes March 1
- Algoma Fire Department rescues 78-year-old man after he falls off cliff
- Local health departments, systems all ask for patience as new groups are vaccine eligible