GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Two children, one adult without home after Green Bay fire

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Two children and an adult are without a home after a fire creates an estimated $20,000 worth of damages.

According to a release, the Green Bay Metro Fire Department (GBMFD) was sent to a home on the 1300 block of Cherry Street on Friday around 4 p.m.

When first responders arrived, they say they saw smoke and flames coming from the back of the home, which was the location of the kitchen.

Firefighters say the flames had extended into the attic space above the kitchen but, thankfully, the crew says the fire was extinguished and no one reported any injuries. The department estimated the dollar loss to be $20,000.

Department officials want to remind residents to never leave cooking food unattended on a stove and to always have a fire extinguisher handy.

Copyright 2022 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Kimberly vs. Appleton East

NHM boys hockey uses discipline to get off to hot start

HS Sports Xtra: Ashwaubenon stuns No. 1 De Pere; FRCC & FVA highlights

Game of the Week: Neenah edges Appleton East to grab first place in FVA

Green Bay grabs second conference win with 69-54 triumph over IUPUI

De Pere Boys & Girls basketball