GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Two juveniles have been arrested following an investigation into a stolen pizza delivery car.
According to Green Bay Police, the delivery car was reported stolen just before 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday from a local hotel. The car was reportedly left running and unattended.
Police were unable to locate the vehicle.
Just after midnight later that night, officers were dispatched to a suspicious situation in the 900 block of Shea Avenue. A resident reported that a car was possibly driven into a ditch and someone was knocking on their door.
Upon arrival, officers located a vehicle that was identified as the car previously reported stolen.
During the investigation, Green Bay Police say a 12-year-old was arrested for operating a motor vehicle without owner’s consent. Authorities say they are now recommending charges to juvenile intake for the 12-year-old.
The passenger in the car, a 14-year-old, was also arrested. Police say this teenager is responsible for four prior auto thefts in Green Bay.
Green Bay Police say they have now investigated 20 auto thefts this year.
- Sturgeon Bay business shifts gears to make masks and gowns in response to COVID-19
- The Appleton mayoral election and the candidates looking to lead the city
- Neenah uses single polling location for spring primary election
- Sheboygan closes areas in community where social distancing is tough
- Wisconsin Department of Transporation further restricts all in-person services at DMV Service Centers