TWO RIVERS, Wis. (WFRV) – An attic fire in Two Rivers was quickly extinguished early Friday morning.
The Two Rivers Fire Department says crews were dispatched to the 1700 block of 18th Street for a report of a possible structure fire at around 4:12 a.m. Upon arrival, crews found a fire in the attic and quickly extinguished it.
Authorities say the fire was due to electrical wiring in the attic. The second floor and attic area were damaged by fire, smoke, and water. The first floor sustained water damage.
Two families and pets were in the residence at the time of the fire. No one was injured as a result of the incident. The Two Rivers Fire Department says the estimated dollar loss is about $30,000.
- Educators, other essential workers could be eligible for COVID-19 vaccine in March
- Rittenhouse, mother fixated on social media treatment
- Wisconsin hunters harvest more turkeys in 2020, see 21% increase
- Semi crash on I-41 North in Fond du Lac has left lane closed
- Vehicle crash in Two Rivers has truck end up in West Twin River