KANSAS CITY, Mo. (WDAF) — Forget the $5,000 stunts and the gold leaf toppings, real burgers come from neighborhood restaurants and corner dive bars.
A new list sought out some of the best burgers on the map and ranked a top 101 from across the United States.
The list, compiled by The Daily Meal, focused on smaller businesses that are loved by the local communities they serve. Each top contender may only have a few locations.
“While amazing burger chains abound, this list is focused on smaller establishments and local favorites that have found success branching out to a few locations,” wrote authors Aaliyah Gibson and Dan Myers.
The list stretches from Honolulu to South Florida, but it’s not weighed down by a bunch of picks from the country’s foodie capitals. Instead, it offers a broad cross-section of the country and offers up plenty of potential stops on your next cross country road trip.
The Daily Meal “used internal expertise, scoured Yelp and other review sites, looked at coverage by local journalists and gathered suggestions from readers,” to find and rank the burger joints.
- The Art Garage ‘Doin’ the Classics’ amid COVID-19
- High court won’t extend Wisconsin’s absentee ballot deadline
- Members of West De Pere community push back against district’s decision to return to in-person learning
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Education series virtual this year at Appleton PAC
- Early voting in Green Bay, moderate turn out so far