GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Unattended cooking causes garage fire, $80,000 in damages

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The Green Bay Metro Fire Department responded to 2426 Robinson Ave. Tuesday at 3:28 PM for reports of a house on fire.

Upon arrival, crews located the fire in the attached garage which was spreading into the attic.

Firefighters made entry into the garage to knock down the fire while other firefighters pulled soffits and ceilings to extinguish the fire in the attic.

The cause of the fire was the occupants using a propane cooking appliance in the garage when the unattended hot oil ignited.

Fire, smoke, and water damage to the garage and attic is estimated at $80,000.

Occupants of the home self-evacuated, and no one was injured.

They will be staying with family for the time being.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Denmark outlasts Little Chute, Fox Cities Stars girls cruise past Storm

Phoenix complete sweep of Purdue Fort Wayne

Freedom boys take control of NEC top spot, Seymour stays in Bay race

Green Bay Nation: NFC Championship Picks

Green Bay Nation: NFC Championship Challenge or No Challenge

Green Bay Nation: NFC Championship Top 5 Tweets