BELLEVUE, Wis. (WFRV) - Fire crews battled an early morning fire on Friday at Bellevue restaurant Phin Sushi & Steak on Monroe Road shortly after 5 a.m.
No one was inside the restaurant at the time of the fire.
The Bellevue Fire battalion chief said the fire department will be investigating how the fire started and what part of the building it began in.
The battalion chief said the Phin Sushi & Steak restaurant suffered significant damage from the blaze.
Fire crews also had to cut a hole in the roof of the building to let the smoke and heat out.
Phin Sushi & Steak is part of strip mall with businesses side-by-side.
The neighboring businesses suffered from smoke damage and will require a visit from the health department to get evaluations before they can operate again.
The Latest on special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation (all…
The Archdiocese of Milwaukee is renaming its headquarters complex…