UPDATE: Oxygen Tank Explosion at Monroe Plaza Apartments Leads to Evacuations

Local News
Apartment Fire Live

Oxygen Tank Explosion Leads to Evacuations

FRIDAY 3/15/2019 11:29 a.m.

Commander Paul Ebel with the Green Bay Police Department tells Local 5 an oxygen tank exploded on the 4th floor of the Monroe Plaza Apartments in the 400 block of Monroe Street.

The explosion has caused the evacuation of a number of residents.

No word on injuries, but people inside have been placed on city buses to keep warm.

Authorities have not yet determined the cause of the explosion.

Fire at a Green Bay Apartment Complex

FRIDAY 3/15/2019 11:11 a.m.

Reports are coming in that a fire has occurred at Monroe Plaza in Green Bay.

GBPD/GBMFD is advising the public to avoid the area of Main/Monroe due to the fire.

Evacuations are reportedly underway.

Officials are working to provide safety and shelter for the residents.

Officers will be on scene for an extended period of time.

Some roads are also closed near Main, Monroe, Pine, Madison.

Local 5 has a crew on the scene.

Check back to this web story for real-time updates.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Neenah girls bring strong lineup to state tennis

Gamblers captain Tucker leaves mark, becomes all-time assist leader

Fusion Athletics All Abilities Cheer Team heading to Worlds

Gamblers cruise past Saints in regular season home finale

Luke of All Trades: Neenah QB Elkin heading to Iowa as long snapper

Blizzard Report: Green Bay prepares for return to field