UPDATE 12/12/18 11:30 a.m.
Mayor Jim Schmitt has announced that he will not be a candidate for elected office. In an announcement, he stated that he will focus the next three months on accomplishing many things in Green Bay.
He will focus on the following things:
- Completing the $7 million fund raising campaign to Bring Back the Beach at Bay Beach.
- Assuring the grand opening of Hotel Northland
- Breaking ground on the townhouses at the Railyard
- Breaking ground on the first phase of development at the Shipyard
- And securing a new job that uses his experience and talents that also benefits the people of Green Bay.
Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt could be looking at a new seat in local government, as a Brown County executive.
According to the Brown County Clerk, Schmitt did take out nomination papers to possibly run for the office of Brown County Executive.
Schmitt would be challenging current executive Troy Streckenbach who will also seek a third, four-year term.
He has until January 2nd, 2019 to file the papers.