Before Appleton’s Mile of Music Festival kicks off Thursday, local musicians Walt Hamburger and Jason Lemke stopped by Local 5 This Morning with a live performance.
Born in Green Bay, Walt Hamburger has been performing in bands and as a solo artist for more than 18 years. He will play alongside guitarist and singer Jason Lemke, a Green Bay local, at this year’s Mile of Music: Mile Six.
During his performances at Mile of Music Hamburger collects donations for his foundation. Last year he raised about $4,300 and this year he aims to raise $5,000.
Hamburger is taking his non-profit foundation a step further. He is now raising money to support youth arts as well as our furry friends.
For more on the Walt Hamburger Foundation check out their Facebook Page.
You can catch Walt Hamburger and Jason Lemke live at Mile of Music:
- Aug. 2, Copper Rock at noon
- Aug. 2, McGuinness at 6:50 p.m.
- Aug. 3, Chadwick’s at Noon
- Aug. 3, Spat’s at 4:25 p.m.
- Aug. 3 McFleshman’s at 7:05 p.m.
- Aug. 3, Lawrence Chapel from 9-11 p.m.
- Aug. 4, Tanner’s (Kimberly Bike to the Beat) from noon until 2 p.m.
- Aug. 4, Ambassador at 4 p.m.
- Aug. 4, Riverside Bar & Grill at 6:10 p.m.
- Aug. 4, Mile of Music Bus at 10 p.m.
- Aug. 5, Lawrence Chapel from 5-6:30 p.m.
For more on Walt Hamburger; his music and upcoming shows CLICK HERE.