GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – The third wanted suspect for a Green Bay homicide that happened back in April has reportedly been arrested.
According to Brown County arrest records, 31-year-old Alejandro Cantu was arrested on September 1. He was arrested on eight charges.
Those charges are:
- Probation Violation
- Maintain Drug Trafficking Place | Dangerous Drugs
- Possession of Methamphetamine | Amphetamine-Possession
- Possess Drug Paraphernalia | Narcotic Equip-Possession
- Resisting or Obstructing an Officer | Obstruct Criminal Investigation
- Criminal Trespass to Medical Facility | Trespassing
- Possession of Narcotic Drugs | Synthetic Narcotic-Possession
- 1st-Degre Intentional Homicide | Homicide
Officers say that on August 31, Green Bay Police were notified that Cantu had returned to the Green Bay area after he was believed to have been in Texas.
Investigators began utilizing license plate readers, and they were able to identify the vehicle that Cantu was traveling in. A Brown County Deputy located the vehicle unoccupied at a hotel on the east side of Green Bay at 12:40 a.m. on Thursday.
After officers entered the hotel, Cantu, along with three adult females, were detained without incident. A search warrant was then granted for the hotel room known to be occupied by Cantu and the females, where officers found narcotics and drug paraphernalia.
Cantu was transported to the Brown County Jail, and the three women were interviewed and released.
A third suspect, Jacob Ventura, was in custody back in June. Ventura was also charged with 1st-Degree Intentional Homicide.
Cantu was the final suspect who police were seeking who was believed to be involved in the murder of Randall Denny. He is being held on a $2 million cash bond and will appear in court on September 8.
There was no information on when Alejandro will be in court next. Local 5 will continue to update this story.