MARINETTE, Wis. (WFRV) – Multiple fire departments and law enforcement agencies worked together to perform a water rescue for three duck hunters after their canoe and kayak capsized on Sunday morning.
According to the Town of Peshtigo Fire Department, just after 5:30 a.m., both Peshtigo and Marinette firefighters jointly performed a water rescue in Green Bay, off of Harbor Road, for three duck hunters who were spotted several hundred yards offshore after their canoe and kayak had overturned.
Officials say several rescue boats were launched to retrieve the duck hunters, which were safely brought back to shore and taken to a local hospital by ambulance.
Assisting law enforcement agencies also included the Marinette County Sheriff’s Office, City of Peshtigo Police Department, DNR wardens, Marinette ERS, and Aurora Bay Area paramedics.
- Bucks hang on, win series against Nets to advance to Eastern Conference Finals
- Green Bay celebrates Juneteenth
- When to expect rain on Father’s Day
- Nets, Bucks hope to avoid early exit in Game 7 on Saturday
- President Biden’s dog, Champ, passes away: ‘We love our sweet, good boy and will miss him always’