REDGRANITE, Wis. (WFRV) – The Redgranite Quarry has closed to the public.
While there are no immediate details as to why the closure is taking place, recent littering at the quarry may be a contributing factor.
Photos shared to Facebook show garbage scattered around the swim area.
WFRV Local 5 reached out to the village clerk and received this information:
Due to the challenges that the unparalleled mass quantities of people visiting our quarry has brought to our attention it is the village board’s decision to close the quarry until further notice.
Multiple swimming spaces across Northeast Wisconsin will remain closed this summer, including:
- City of Appleton pools
- Ashwaubomay Lake in Ashwaubenon
- Outagamie County’s Plamann Lake
- Oshkosh’s Pollock Water Park
Some swim areas are opening this year, including:
- Colburn Pool in Green Bay
- De Pere’s Legion Pool
- Howard’s Duck Creek Quarry
- Little Chute’s Doyle Pool
- Neenah’s Pool
- New Holstein Aquatic Center
- Menasha Pool
- Football legend Lou Holtz stumps for President Trump in De Pere
- Brown County health leaders urge people to get serious in fighting the spread of COVID-19
- Menasha Parish urges caution for those attending mass
- Big change in temperatures on the way
- Ashwaubenon School District transitioning to remote learning due to COVID-19