REDGRANITE, Wis. (WFRV) – The Redgranite Quarry has closed to the public.
While there are no immediate details as to why the closure is taking place, recent littering at the quarry may be a contributing factor.
Photos shared to Facebook show garbage scattered around the swim area.
WFRV Local 5 reached out to the village clerk and received this information:
Due to the challenges that the unparalleled mass quantities of people visiting our quarry has brought to our attention it is the village board’s decision to close the quarry until further notice.
Multiple swimming spaces across Northeast Wisconsin will remain closed this summer, including:
- City of Appleton pools
- Ashwaubomay Lake in Ashwaubenon
- Outagamie County’s Plamann Lake
- Oshkosh’s Pollock Water Park
Some swim areas are opening this year, including:
- Appleton back to school off to a good start according to staff
- See the auroras from space in newly released photos
- Oshkosh firefighters train for ice rescues as ice fishing season heats up
- Green Bay Area School District offers students hands-on experience into construction trades
- Wisconsin Senate votes to repeal Wisconsin mask mandate