It’s hard to believe, but 2017 is almost over, and 2018 is almost here! If you’re still trying to figure out your New Year’s Eve plans, here are some ideas:
FirstEve Bash in Menasha
If you’re brave to bear the outside cold, Menasha is the place to be. For the 24th consecutive year, the Curtis Reed Square in downtown Menasha will host the FirstEve NYE celebration.
- WHEN: Event starts at 10 p.m.
- WHERE: Curtis Reed Square in downtown Menasha
- WHAT: Free event featuring live music,street dance, lantern launch, fireworks and NYC-style ball drop
- WHO: Open to all, kids and adults (alcohol-free event)
(The event will be televised live on WFRV-TV Channel 5 with anchors Brittany Falkers and Nate Stewart serving as hosts.)
Lucky Llama and U.S. Bank Eve
Green Bay will be hosting the Lucky Llama walk across the Main Street bridge in Green Bay. According to legend, anyone who sees the Lucky Llama cross the bridge will have good luck the whole year through (if only that was a fact). This year there will be a lucky sign contest, judged by Mayor Schmitt. The most creative Lucky Llama sign individual will receive a prize. A fireworks display by Spielbauer, sponsored by U.S. Bank, will conclude the festivities.
- WHEN: Event starts at 8:40 p.m.
- WHERE: Main Street bridge in Green Bay
- WHAT: Lucky Llama walk and fireworks to conclude the event
- WHO: Free event to all
New Year’s Encore Eve in Appleton
Radisson Paper Valley Hotel Grand Ballroom in Downtown Appleton will be hosting the 5th annual ‘New Year’s Encore Eve’ event presented by Mile of Music. This year’s concert will feature a midnight champagne toast celebration, Trilliant Coffee & Chocolate Lounge, door prizes and more. The event starts at 8 p.m.
- WHEN: 8 p.m. Doors open at 7 p.m.
- WHERE: Radisson Paper Valley Hotel Grand Ballroom
- WHAT: New Year’s Encore Eve
- WHO: Wild Adriatic, Smooth Hound Smith, Christopher the Conquered and Cool Waters Band
TICKETS: $35 (plus applicable tax/fees)
Inaugural New Year’s Eve Cherry Drop in Sister Bay
You’ve heard of the ball drop in Times Square, but how about a cherry drop? Door County’s first ever Cherry Drop will take place as the clock nears midnight, in the town of Sister Bay at the corner of State 57 and Mill Road. The cherry will display “2018” in bright lights.
New Year’s Eve Gala – Plymouth Arts Center
The Plymouth Arts Center is having its 11th Annual New Year’s Eve celebration from 8:30 p.m. Sunday until 12:30 a.m. Monday morning. The free event will include live music, and the nationally acclaimed big cheese drop at 10 p.m. Plus, Sartori Cheese is donating free cheese wedges to the first 250 families in attendance. The Plymouth Arts Center is at 520 E Mill St, Plymouth, WI
More area New Year’s Eve events can be found here.