(AP) – A group of Wisconsin Democrats are asking a federal prosecutor to clarify the role federal agents will play in Milwaukee in coming weeks.
Gov. Tony Evers, U.S. Rep. Gwen Moore, U.S. Sen. Tammy Baldwin, Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett and Milwaukee County Executive David Crowley sent U.S. Attorney Matthew Krueger a letter Tuesday asking a host of questions about the agents’ job, including whether they work crowd control and who will command them.
Krueger said last week the agents are coming to Milwaukee to help local investigators solve violent crimes as part of a national initiative known as Operation Legend.
- WIAA State Track & Field Highlights
- Sunny & hot to wrap up the weekend
- Green Bay’s Salvation Army opens “cooling shelter” as temperatures rise
- Drone locates Wisconsin man who fled from crash, faces resisting & OWI charges
- Man faces homicide charge after 54-year-old found dead at a Wisconsin campground