(WFRV) – A recent report looking at the best U.S. states for visiting national parks found that Wisconsin’s national parks generate over $72 million per year in revenue.
In Wisconsin, 559,746 people visit the 2 national parks annually, which generates $72,700,000 in revenue for the state per year.
According to the report, there’s been almost a 25% decline in visits from 2020 to the National Park System, which will impact these communities and their economies.
Here is a summary of the data for Wisconsin:
- Number of NPS parks: 2
- Annual visitors to NPS parks: 559,746
- Economic benefit from NPS park tourism: $72,700,000
- Most visited NPS park (& visits): Saint Croix NSR (319,133)
- J&J’s 1-dose shot cleared, giving US 3rd COVID-19 vaccine
- Water clarity, ice conditions remain in good shape on 2nd to last day of sturgeon spearing season
- Notre Dame girls aim to cap dream season with state title
- Percentage of available hospital beds in Wisconsin jumps up 2 percent, total COVID-19 patients in ICU decreases
- Child tax credit vs. child care tax credit: Here’s how each could give more money to parents this year