MADISON, Wis. (WFRV) – Wisconsin’s first-ever statewide virtual Girls in Aviation Day will be taking off on September 26.
According to the Women in Aviation organization, three Wisconsin chapters of Women in
Aviation joined forces to create a virtual event designed to share aviation beyond their local communities and to girls across the entire state of Wisconsin.
Sarah Pozdell, president of the Four Lakes Chapter of Women in Aviation in Madison says, “With 124 public airports throughout the state, it’s an activity that can be enjoyed anywhere in the state and going virtual will allow us to reach all of those girls who have an interest.”
Women in Aviation officials say this event will allow girls a chance to participate in hands-on aviation-related activities while giving them firsthand experience with vital aspects of aviation such as the forces of flight, navigation, air traffic control communications, and a variety of aircrafts.
“Wisconsin has never offered anything like this before and for us to be able to showcase all of the talent and connections the Oshkosh, Madison, and Southeastern Milwaukee Chapters have to offer is amazing!” says Catey Frost, president of the Oshkosh Chapter of Women in Aviation.
- Hauling for Good, fundraiser for The Littlest Tumor Foundation hits the road March 1st
- Oconto Co. Health won’t begin vaccinating newly eligible groups due to limited supply
- UW-Green Bay expands LGBTQ+ services to Manitowoc, Sheboygan Campuses
- WI adds over 800 new COVID-19 cases, reaching highest single day of new deaths in 30 days
- UPDATE: Green Alert on 35-year-old Baraboo veteran canceled