GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) A car is a total loss with minor damages to a business after a fire Wednesday afternoon.
The incident happened around 12:20 p.m. in the 2300 block of Main Street in Green Bay.
Green Bay Metro Fire Department was dispatched for reports of a gas tank on fire inside a building. When crews arrived, they found heavy smoke coming from inside and behind a shop building, there was a car burning outside.
The car was able to be removed by workers using a front end loader while it was on fire.
Firefighters quickly controlled the car fire and found no fire inside the building.
It’s estimated that it’s a $5,000 loss and no one was injured.
The cause of the fire was equipment failure.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Live, in-person ‘Menoma Mia’ in the works in Green Bay, Marinette
- Green Bay garage fire creates $40,000 in estimated damages
- Packers fall to Buccaneers in NFC Championship game
- Growing number of GOP senators oppose impeachment trial
- Wisconsin’s 7-day average of positive COVID-19 cases continues to drop