GREEN BAY AREA REGIONAL NEWS: Brown County

Wrongly dumping fireworks starts fire, causes $25k in damages to GB home

Local News

GREEN BAY, Wis. (WFRV) – Green Bay Metro Fire Department responded to an early morning garage fire that was started by wrongly disposing of fireworks.

According to the Green Bay Metro Fire Department, on July 5 around 1:45 a.m. crews responded to a reported garage fire at the 1900 block of Smith Street. The fire was reportedly put out within ten minutes.

There were no injuries reported and the Green Bay Metro Fire Department’s Fire Marshal’s Office says the cause of the fire was ‘improper disposal of fireworks’.

The estimated damage of the fire is $25,000.

There was no further information provided, Local 5 will update this story if more information is released.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Coronavirus News

More Coronavirus

Trending Stories

Don't Miss

Your Local Election HQ

More Election

Local Sports

Quinn Finley represents Green Bay in Team USA

Training Camp Report: Packers hold light practice, o-line building depth

The Impromptu 1996 Home Run Derby

Training Camp Report: Rodgers signs reworked deal, Cobb makes practice debut

Training Camp Report: Packers take field for first time, big day at the podium

Training Camp Report: Rodgers back in town, Cobb too?