(WFRV) – Former MythBusters and White Rabbit Project co-host and Battlebots Judge Grant Imahara has died, according to Discovery Channel. He was 49.
In an early-morning tweet on July 14, Discovery says “We are heartbroken to hear this sad news about Grant. He was an important part of our Discovery family and a really wonderful man.”
Grant died of a brain aneurysm, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Discovery says Grant was one of the few officially trained operators for R2-D2 within the Star Wars universe and also engineered the Energizer Bunny’s beat.
Adam Savage, a former MythBusters co-host took to Twitter, saying, “I’m at a loss. No words. I’ve been part of two big families with Grant Imahara over the last 22 years. Grant was a truly brilliant engineer, artist and performer, but also just such a generous, easygoing, and gentle PERSON. Working with Grant was so much fun. I’ll miss my friend.”
Co-star Kari Byron posted to Twitter as well, saying that “Somedays I wish I had a time machine.”
Celebrities who have died this year
- Green Bay hospitals dealing with spike in COVID-19 cases
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Weekend ‘Sputnik Manitowoc’ shows canceled due to COVID-19 concern
- Heading to the polls: what the women’s vote could mean come November
- Village of Bellevue votes to move forward with fire department merger
- Ascension Wisconsin announces visitor limitations to slow spread of COVID-19