MINOT, N.D. (AP) — Menard, Inc. is appealing a jury award to a woman who was injured when she fell over a flatbed cart at its store in Minot, North Dakota.
A jury last year awarded nearly $40,000 to Darlene Johnson, plus about $145,000 in attorney’s fees in a civil lawsuit against the home improvement chain, based in Eau Claire, Wisconsin.
Johnson fell onto the cart that had been left in a walkway near the service desk and cracked seven teeth, which required extensive dental work.
Her attorneys argued Menards was at fault for not keeping the walking area free of obstructions.
Menards lawyers said Johnson should have been paying closer attention to her surroundings.
- Neenah Police investigating after man brought to hospital with gunshot wound
- Favre shows support for Pres. Trump while Holmgren backs Biden
- Lil Wayne gets backlash after showing support for Trump
- Illinois judge to rule on Rittenhouse extradition to Kenosha
- State officials to give COVID-19 update ahead of Trump, Biden stops