HOUSTON (CNN/NEXSTAR) — If 2020 couldn’t get any wilder, NASA now predicts an asteroid will come close to earth the day before the U.S. election.
The agency said the asteroid is named “2018V-P-1.” Its diameter is around 6.5 feet, according to the Center for Near Earth Objects Studies at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
It was first identified from Palomar Observatory in San Diego County in November of 2018.
The object will come close to our atmosphere around November 2 but the probability of it impacting earth is very small at just 0.41%.
- Warren Gerds/Critic at Large: Students prepare original pandemic-themed plays at Oshkosh school
- New quarry causing tension in Door County
- Local Veteran surprised with gift of car
- Man arrested in North Carolina in May accused of threatening to kill Joe Biden
- Trump, Biden face off in final presidential debate