IRON COUNTY, Mich. (WJMN) — According to the National Weather Service, a tornado hit part of Iron County during severe weather Sunday night.
It happened near Peavy Pond Road not far from Crystal Falls. Many trees were snapped or uprooted.
There was also straight-line wind damage around Golden Lake which is west of Iron River.
A camper had to be rescued from fallen trees but was uninjured.
In the coming days officials say they expect to know more about the strength of the tornado.
- Hometown Hero: Jack Voight carries passion for communication and camaraderie to Vets & Friends
- Hometown Hero: Chuck Bongers saved lives on the front lines in Vietnam
- Hometown Hero: Dave Grossman remembers time in Navy and a dear friend
- Hometown Hero: Jerry Clusen turns passion into lifelong career with Navy Reserve
- Former local WWE Superstar ‘Hornswoggle’ investing into the Wisconsin wrestling industry