It’s a day many Packers fans have been waiting for since February. Training camp kicks off Thursday morning in Titletown.
The team will hold their first practice of their 72nd training camp at 8:15 a.m. at Ray Nitschke field. A week from Saturday, the Packers will hold their Family Night at Lambeau Field.
A recent study showed that training camp attracts 90,000 people to Green Bay every year and pumps $9,000,000 into the local economy.
This marks Green Bay’s 72nd training camp, a tradition that began in 1946 under Curly Lambeau.
There are also plenty of activities for fans
This year the new Johnsonville Tailgate Village will have the Dream Zone, which features activities for kids and adults as well as occasional chalk talks with Packers alumni.
The team is also unveiling the Packers Pass for training camp this year.
Fans can use the Packers Pass to check in to various locations during training camp and be entered to win game tickets, custom jersey’s gift cards, and autographed merchandise. Fans can register for the Packers Pass by downloading and opening the latest version of the Packers app on their smartphones or by visiting http://packers.com/passregister
Other training camp highlights will include:
- The Chevrolet Packers Display, on July 29 and Aug. 4, will feature the latest from Chevrolet. Fans who stop by and learn about the Chevrolet lineup could also win some Chevrolet and Packers swag. Fans can also register for a chance to win a brand new Chevrolet vehicle in the Packers Ultimate Fan Sweepstakes.
- McDonald’s Family Fun Zone on Aug. 8, from 10:15 a.m. to 2:45 p.m., will offer fans chances to test their luck at the McD’s coupon wheel, create works of art on giant Happy Meal boxes, and win prizes all while sampling apple slices.
- Bellin Health Bike Safety Rodeo on Aug. 16, from 9 to 11:30 a.m., in the Lambeau Field parking lot, will feature a free bike helmet giveaway as supplies last, as well as helmet-fitting and law enforcement safety courses,
- The Alsum Farm and Produce display on Aug. 15 and 16 will offer samples of homegrown Wisconsin baked potatoes. Aug. 15 will offer a fan walk-through of the Wisconsin Spudmobile, a state-of-the-art mobile education vehicle focused on potato and vegetable production that takes visitors on a journey from the farmer’s field to the dinner plate.
- Chill out with Wendy’s® and Chili’s Grill & Bar® on Aug. 22. Enjoy interactive water games for both kids and adults while sampling signature beverages to stay cool. A special meet and greet with two Packers alumni, LeRoy Butler and Gary Ellerson, will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The Lambeau Field Atrium also offers plenty to do and see during training camp, including the Packers Pro Shop, the Packers Hall of Fame and Lambeau Field Stadium Tours. The Atrium restaurant, 1919 Kitchen & Tap, will be open during training camp each day, beginning at 11 a.m.
Important dates on the preseason calendar include:
- Friday, July 21 – Packers 1K Kids Run, Presented by Edvest, 6 p.m.
- Saturday, July 22 – Packers 5K Run/Walk, Presented by Bellin Health at Lambeau Field, 8 a.m.
- Saturday, July 22 – Packers Hall of Fame Induction Banquet
- Monday, July 24 – Packers Annual Meeting of Shareholders
- Wednesday, July 26 – Head Coach Mike McCarthy’s season-opening press conference, 10:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, July 26 – Players report
- Thursday, July 27 – First practice, 8:15 a.m., Ray Nitschke Field
- Saturday, Aug. 5 – Family Night, Presented by Bellin Health, Lambeau Field
- Tuesday, Aug. 29 – Last practice open to public, 11:45 a.m., Ray Nitschke Field
For the full schedule, click here