CHICAGO, Ill. (WFRV) – We made it. Final game of the regular season and what a game with implications this one is. One one side, the Packers, trying to sew up the number one seed in the NFC and the first round playoff bye. On the other side, the Bears, needing a win at home to get into the post season.
Follow along here for scoring updates, injury reports and reactions to amazing displays of athleticism.
- Tim Boyle wins the toss, because he is a magician, and the Packers defer. Za’Darius Smith and company up first
- Kickoff goes out of bounds, Bears start at the 40 yard line.
- LaFleur challenges, ruling is upheld, Packers lose a timeout
- Montgomery is down on the field for the Bears
- He is slow to get up and is walked off with the training staff
- David Montgomery returns, grabs an 8 yard gain and a first and goal for Chi-town
- Bears strike first. David Montgomery into the end zone for the 2 yard touchdown. Bears lead 7-0 with 7:31 left in the 1st quarter
- Rodgers to MVS for a 15 yard gain. 1st down
- Aaron Jones just stiff armed two guys to get himself a first down
- Roquan Smith is down for the Bears. He walks off under his own power
- Rodgers looking for Adams on that throw, late flag on DPI. First down Green and Gold
END OF 1ST QUARTER: PACKERS 0 BEARS 7
- The refusal to cover Bobby Tonyan continues. 11th TD of the season for him. Packers tie it up 7 all with 14:55 left in the 1st half
- Roquan Smith is questionable to return for the Bears with an elbow injury
- Aaron Rodgers now has 45 touchdowns on the season. Wut.
- SACK. Trubisky goes down via Christian Kirksey
- Tonyan’s 11th touchdown ties Packers franchise record for touchdowns in a single season. Paul Coffman had 11 back in 1983
- Tavon Austin fumbles the punt and the Bears take over in Green Bay territory
- Coming away with only a field goal is a win for the Packers. Bears lead 10-7 with 10:08 left in the 1st half
- LONG BALL TO MVS. 72 YARDS. HE GONE. Packers lead 14-10
- Aaron Rodgers now has the franchise record for touchdown passes in a season at 46. He breaks his own record he set in 2011 with 45
- Fumble by the Bears. Recovered by Rashan Gary. Play is under review
- Ruling stands. 1st down Green Bay
- AJ DILLON IS ON THE FIELD
- Davante Adams is one reception away from tying Sterling Sharpe’s single season franchise record of receptions in a season.
- Aaron Rodgers finds Dafney for a wide open TD. He’s got 47 touchdowns now. Packers lead 21-10.
- Aaron Rodgers is 10/10 for 155 yards and 3 touchdowns. He is not human.
- Adrian Amos forces a fumble but Preston Smith jumps offsides so the drive continues
- Bears kick a field goal, Packers lead 21-13
- Aaron Rodgers throws his first incompletion on a would be touchdown to MVS, who can’t hang on
- ANDDDD then he’s sacked by Khalil Mack
- Trubiksy throws a prayer to Mooney, who comes down with it. 53 yard catch. 1st and goal Bears
- Bears settle for a field goal, 20 yarder, it’s good, Packers lead 21 to 16
- Less than ideal offense for the Green and Gold. Rodgers with 2 almost picks.
- Krys Barnes down for the Packers
- Turnover on downs for the Bears and the Packers get the ball back. Big momentum shift here. Packers need to do something with it.
- Davante Adams hauls in his 112th catch of the season and ties Sterling Sharpe’s franchise record
- And with that catch, he surpasses it at 113
- Aaron Jones finds pay dirt, runs it in for a touchdown. Packers extend their lead, 28-16
- Adrian Amis intercepts Mitch Trubisky
- Rodgers to Tae for the score. 18th TD for Adams. 48th for Rodgers. 35-16 Packers