A busy weekend of interviews for Mark Murphy and Brian Gutekunst is in the books. Now the Packers brass will reportedly cut down the field ahead of second interviews.
ESPN’s Rob Demovsky reported on Sunday the Packers would wrap up the weekend by interviewing former Dolphins head coach Adam Gase and Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur on Sunday. From there they will regroup in Green Bay on Monday. Soon after they will make decisions about who to bring to Green Bay for another round of talks.
Over the weekend Green Bay reportedly interviewed a total of ten candidates for the head coaching position.
- Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels
- Patriots defensive assistant Brian Flores
- Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael Jr.
- Saints tight ends coach Dan Campbell
- Buccaneers offensive coordinator Todd Monken
- Titans offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur
- Former Dolphins head coach Adam Gase
- Former Colts head coach Chuck Pagano
- Former Lions/Colts head coach Jim Caldwell
- Interim head coach Joe Philbin
Green Bay had reportedly requested an interview with Steelers offensive line coach Mike Munchak, but no interview was scheduled over this past weekend.
As far as candidates that may get the call for the second interview, Green Bay will have to wait for assistants with teams whose teams are still in the playoffs. That would include four of the ten names listed above with New England and New Orleans set for their playoff openers next weekend.